Friday 30 October 2009

More than meets the eye?


Eye Eye..Wot 'ave we 'ere!
On the left is a print advert for the Government's new 2009 'Think' campaign...this one is for the drug driving awareness advert and the effects of cannabis on pupil dilation.
The advert was created by advertising agency Leo Burnet and illustrated by Sean Freeman. The agency's Johnathan Burley said, 'The challenge for my team was to bring "Your eyes will give you away" to life in posters...we wanted to do this in a visually arresting and unusual way.

The image on the right is an illustration that I designed in 2005 as an experiment. Clearly there is a quality issue between the two comparisons, but when you are doing it quickly for fun (2hrs), you don't take the time and do the appropriate research you need to do on a professionally paid job.

I had to take twice when I first saw this advert as it is so similar! At first I thought there might have been some sort of 'borrowing' of my idea, but on reflection I prefer to think that it is just a coincidental case of great minds think alike! However, I am comforted by the thought that I designed and created this a long time ago and it has taken four years for the industry to catch up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your message, it is always nice to get feedback ;)